PhD student, B. Et-taibi, presented a MiGrid-relevant paper at ICDS2020 Conference (International Conference on Intelligent Computing in Data Sciences), in Fes, Oct, 21-23, 2020.
B. Et-taibi paper: “Smart Agriculture as a Cyber Physical System : A Real-World Deployment ”
MiGRID PhD student, S. Bourhnane, got a MiGrid-relevant paper accepted at AI2SD’20 (International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Systems for Sustainable Development), and will be presenting the paper in Tangier, Dec, 21-26, 2020.
S. Bourhnane paper: “Energy Efficient Wireless Sensor Networks, Microcontrollers, Wireless Communication Technologies, and Operating Systems for WSNs: a survey”
Ms. Lynnette Lusenaka and Dr. Anjali Kumar (Regional Advisor for Morocco at USAID-Washington) visiting the USAID Labs at AUI & UIR.
MiGRID PhD students, S. Boulmrharj and A. Elmouatamid, got two MiGrid-relevant papers accepted at IRSEC’17 (International Renewable and Sustainable Energy Conference), and will be presenting the papers in Tangier, Dec, 4-7, 2017.
S. Boulmarhrj paper: “Modeling and Dimensioning of Photovolataic Systems”
M. Emmouatamid paper: “Modeling and Performance Evaluation of Photovoltaic Systems”
Dr. Bakhouya, and Dr. Abid, presented a Project-relevant poster at the 5th NAS (National Academy of Sciences) Arab-American Frontiers Symposium held in Rabat, Morocco (Nov 2-4, 2017)
The Symposium is mainly sponsored by USAID, NSF (National Science Foundation), and NASA.
This is the first semestral meeting in the current Academic year 2017-18. The meeting is held to discuss basic issues relevant to the progress of the project. The meeting agenda covered the following main points:
- Welcoming – by Dr. K. Zine-Dine
- Project Progress / Project Holistic Architecture – presented by Dr. Abid
- Ph.D Thematic#1: “Control”- presented by PhD student M. Elmouatamid
- Ph.D Thematic#2: “Storage”- presented by PhD student S.Boulmrharj
- Ph.D Thematic#3: “ICT”- presented by PhD student S.Bourhanne
- Progress Report @ UIR – presented by Dr. Bakhouya
- Towards Real-World Testbed deployment @ UIR – presented by Dr. M. Khaidar
- Towards Real-World Testbed deployment @ AUI – presented by Dr. R. Lghoul
- Current Issues / “What’s Next?” – moderator: Dr. M. Khaidar
- Wrapping Up: By Dr. K. Zine-Dine, and Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid presented a project-relevant paper, entitled “ICT for Renewable Energy Integration into Smart Buildings: IoT and Big Data Approach”, at the IEEE AFRICON’17 Conference (www.africon2017.org) Cape Town, South Africa, Sep 18-20, 2017
Dr. M. Khaidar (UCD) presented a poster about MiGrid, “Towards Smart MicroGrids: Renewable Energy Integration into Smart Buildings”, at IMSEGE`17 (The 1st International Materials Science and Engineering for Green Energy) Conference, May 10-12, 2017, Ifrane, Morocco